Are you looking for a way to add some personality and style to your home without spending a fortune? Mirrors are the perfect solution! Not only do they make any room look open and airy, but they can also be used to create unique and interesting effects. From adding extra storage space to creating the illusion of more square footage, mirrors can do it all! Read on for 5 affordable ways to spice up your home with mirrors.
#1 Situate Strategically
To maximize what mirrors can offer, you should consider which spot perfectly holds mirrors. You can take note of the following:
- Place mirrors near windows where natural light enters. This will help to brighten up the space without the need to turn on additional lights and make it feel more open.
- Hang a mirror above your sofa or mantelpiece for an instant focal point.
- Position mirrors opposite to the view of your room you want to highlight or something that reflects your personality. You won’t want to have a messy table etched in your mirror.
#2 Mirror Walls
Use mirrors to create the illusion of more space. If you have a small room, placing a large mirror on one wall can make it look twice as big! This makes the room appear to be inviting and mood-lifting.
#3 Mirrored Furniture
Merging mirrors with your tables or cabinets is a great way to step up your furniture appearance. This can draw attention as it reflects light, making it seem like it glows. You can also utilize mirrors to add extra storage space to your home. Hang a mirror with a built-in shelf in your bathroom or bedroom for a quick and easy storage solution.
#4 Backlit Mirrors
Just when you thought mirrors for design are just plainly hung or pasted by the wall, backlit mirrors, then, enter the scene. The light from the back of the mirror puts focus on it and makes the mirrors look as if they’re floating while illuminating your space with just the right amount of brightness. This can set the whole mood with their faint glow that gives a sense of relaxation.
#5 Skip the Basic
Mirrors do not always have to be just squares or circles. Develop interesting optical illusions with mirrors. Try to tickle your imaginative mind and create an artistic look of your interior using mirrors to make different shapes and patterns. You can try these tips and see what works best for you:
- Add mirrors to your walls in groupings and arrange them in patterns for a more dramatic effect.
- Invest in irregular-shaped mirrors for a different feel.
- Design your mirror frames that fit your style or you can even have them frameless for a minimalist touch.
There you have it with the 5 tips to step up your game in spicing up your home with mirrors without breaking the bank! Mirrors are indeed an easy and affordable way to add style, light, and depth to your space, while also adding personality to your home. How and where you’re going to purchase your preferred mirror should not add to your worries as Gatsby Glass can customize your mirrors just the way you like them. So what are you waiting for? Now go out, make those creative juices work, and better get your mirror plans ready for shopping!